This month we have really pushed the boat out and invited some excellent speakers from all around the world. Our topic was ‘Application development for the enterprise’ and focused on some of the lessons that our speakers have learnt while writing mission critical code for some of the worlds largest companies.
Our speaker presentations are:
The event took place at the Baltic Campus of Gateshead College. We are very grateful to Gateshead College for the help in hosting this event.
On Tuesday 26th April we held another of our Ligntning Talks events. This was attended by around 70 people who heard the following speakers:
- Ian Oxley: HTML5 form validation
- Michael Peacock: Jenkins Continuous Integration tool
- Alex Kavanagh: A whirlwind history of copyright and what it means for the 21st century
- Jonathan Dixon: web sockets and Web Data Storage
- Gregory Marler: OpenStreetMap.org: Not just a pretty web map, using the raw data. Featuring elephants, table tennis, and toilets.
- Mark Stairmand: UX challenges for application developers
- Ross Cooney: Messaging idioms.
- Richard Powell: HTML5 Canvas
- Matthew Peacock: Scala
Stuart Holmes wrote the following review: